A delicious and perfect way to end a dinner. Ideal for any occasion including Christmas dinner.
Dark Chocolate – 100 gms, chopped
Butter – 125 gms, unsalted
Star Anise Powder – 1/4 tsp
Brown Sugar – 150 gms, light and soft
Eggs – 3, separated
Zest of 1/2 Lime
Cocoa Powder as required
Cake Tin – 1, medium, buttered, lined with parchment paper
Salt – a small pinch
1. Heat sugar in a pan.
2. Add a little water and stir well until sugar has dissolved.
3. Add the chocolate, butter and star anise to a bowl.
4. Pour the sugar syrup and mix well.
5. Stir until smooth.
6. Add the egg yolks into the bowl and lime zest.
7. Whisk the egg whites with a little salt and whis well until soft peaks form.
8. Gradually add the egg whites to the chocolate and mix well.
9. Pour this into the cake tin and place it in a preheated oven at 160C for 60 minutes or until a skewer/knife comes out clean when inserted.
10. Remove and cool.
11. Sprinkle some cocoa powder.
image via food52
Wow…..This is a wonderful chocolate cake :)