Made with vegetables and dals, this easy to make Vegetable Vadai is a great evening (or tea time) snack. Serve hot with chutney of choice.
Bengal Gram Dal – 1 cup
Toor Dal – 1 cup
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Cabbage – 2 tsp, grated
Carrot – 2 tsp, grated
Ginger – 1/4 inch piece, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – little
Green Chillies – 2
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Cardamom Powder – little
Salt as per taste
Oil – 250 ml
1. Combine the dals and soak them for an hour.
2. Drain water and add salt, green chillies and ginger.
3. Grind them together a thick batter.
4. Add turmeric powder, asafoetida powder, curry leaves, carrot, cabbage and mix well.
5. Heat oil in a frying pan over medium flame.
6. Make small balls of the batter and flatten them lightly.
7. Add them to hot oil and fry till golden brown.
8. Remove and drain excess oil.
9. Serve hot.
Note: image is for illustration purposes only and not that of the actual recipe.