Rava Kesari is a popular South Indian sweet made during special occasions and festivals. Made using rava (semolina), ghee and cashewnuts, it is soft and very easy to make. Served as a breakfast item or as a dessert during festivals, it is a simple dish that can be made in a jiffy.
A variation of this recipe is the pineapple kesari, check out its recipe: Pineapple Kesari Recipe
Rava Kesari Recipe
Ingredients for Rava Kesari
- 1/2 cup Rava (Semolina)
- handful Cashewnuts
- handful Raisins
- 3 tblsp Ghee
- a pinch Kesari Powder
- 2 Cloves optional
- 1 cup Sugar
For Frying the cashewnuts and raisins
- 1 tsp Ghee
How to make Rava Kesari
- Heat 1 tblsp of ghee in a pan.
- Fry the rava till it turns light pink.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Add 2 cups of water to the pan and add the kesari powder.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the fried rava and mix well, stirring from time to time.
- Cook for 5 to 10 minutes or until the rava is cooked.
- Add the sugar and mix well until it dissolves fully.
- Add the remaining ghee and cook till the rava starts to leave the sides of the pan.
- In a small frying pan, heat 1 tsp of ghee.
- Fry the cashewnuts and raisins.
- Sprinkle this on top of the kesari and serve at once.