Chicken – 500 gms, skinless, chopped or sliced
Onion – 1, small, minced
Garlic – 2 cloves, small, crushed, minced
Potato – 1, small, peeled, diced
Water – 1/2 cup
Bay Leaf – 1/2
Tomato – 1, small diced
Tomato Sauce – 1 cup
Green Peas – 1/4 cup, shelled
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1 tblsp
Capsicum – 1, small, deseeded, diced
Fish Sauce – 1/2 tblsp
Sugar – 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – a pinch
1. Heat 1/2 tblsp oil in a large pan.
2. Saute the garlic until lightly browned.
3. Add onions and saute until translucent.
4. Remove and keep aside.
5. Rub the salt all over the chicken pieces.
6. Add the remaining oil to the pan and saute the chicken for 15 minutes.
7. Bring a pan of water to boil and add the potato pieces.
8. Add the chicken, garlic, onion, bay leaf, tomato, tomato sauce, green peas, fish sauce, capsicum and sugar.
9. Cover the pan with a lid.
10. Simmer for 30 minutes over low flame or until all vegetables are tender.
11. Add the black pepper powder and simmer for 2 to 3 more minutes.
12. Transfer to a serving bowl.
13. Serve hot with cooked rice.
Chicken and Vegetables in Tangy Tomato Sauce Recipe
You might also like these recipes
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this recipe of Chicken and Vegetables in Tangy Tomato Sauce from Awesome Cuisine.