Maida – 1 cup
Seedless Dates – 1 cup
Jaggery – a small lemon sized ball, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cashewnuts – few
Raisins – few
Almonds – few
Oil – 2 tsp
Ghee as required
Salt as per taste
1. Combine maida, salt and oil in a bowl.
2. Add sufficient water and mix to a thick paste.
3. Steam cook the dates and mash well.
4. Mix the dates and powdered jaggery.
5. Heat a pan over medium flame.
6. Add the dates-jaggery mixture.
7. Keep stirring till the mixture turns thick.
8. Add 2 tsp ghee, cashews, raisins and almonds.
9. Mix well and add cardamom powder. Keep aside.
10. Make small sized balls of the maida mixture and roll them into small-medium circles, like a chapati.
11. Add 2 to 3 tsp of the filling (dates-jaggery mixture).
12. Close and seal the circle and flatten them again into a small circle.
13. Heat a tawa over medium flame.
14. Cook on both sides adding a little ghee.
15. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !