Chickpeas (Kabuli Channa) – 2 cups, boiled, drained
Tomatoes – 1/2 cup, finely chopped
Potatoes – 1, boiled, peeled, cubed
Onions – 1/4 cup, finely chopped
Ginger – 1 tsp, finely grated
Garlic – 1 cloves, mashed
Water – 3/4 cup
Coriander Powder – 1 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Sunflower Oil – 2 tblsp
Salt as per taste
1. Combine the coriander powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, red chilli powder with 1 1/2 tblsp of water in a bowl.
2. Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
3. Saute the onions till light brown.
4. Add the ginger and garlic.
5. Stir for 30 seconds and add the masala paste.
6. Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes or till the tomatoes become soft.
7. Now add the chickpeas and pour the water.
8. Add potatoes and salt.
9. Bring to a boil.
10. Reduce flame and cover the pan with a lid.
11. Simmer for a few minutes, till the potatoes are tender.
12. Remove and transfer to a serving bowl.
13. Serve hot with hot rice or as a side dish to chapati, naan or roti.