- Pumpkin – 1 kg
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt as per taste
- Black Pepper – ground
- Garlic Cloves – 3, unpeeled
- Thyme – 6 sprigs
- Rosemary – 2 sprigs
- Ricotta Cheese – 200 gms
- Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- Peel and deseed the pumpkin.
- Cut into 3 cm cubes.
- Line an oven dish with baking paper and drizzle with oil.
- Add the pumpkin to the dish and stir or toss until each piece is coated with oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic cloves, 3 thyme sprigs and rosemary.
- Bake for about 25 minutes, until tender, turning pumpkin pieces once or twice.
- Remove from the oven and tip into a serving bowl, reserving the garlic cloves.
- Set aside to cool.
- When pumpkin is cool, crumble ricotta over it.
- Strip leaves from remaining thyme sprigs and add to the salad.
- Season with more salt and pepper.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic cloves from their skins into a bowl.
- Add a generous squeeze of lemon and 2 to 3 tblsp olive oil.
- Whisk to a creamy dressing, then drizzle it over the salad.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !