Coconut Rice is a delicious, simple and easy to make comfort food for any time of the day – be it a light lunch, evening snack or dinner. The versatility of this dish is such that it is extremely popular not only in South India but across the entire South East Asian countries with numerous local variations and flavors.
It is also a great way to use up any leftover rice and makes for a tasty one-pot meal that can be served alongside other dishes or on its own.
Coconut Rice Recipe
Ingredients for Coconut Rice
- 1 cup Rice cooked
- 1/2 Coconut grated
- 2 tblsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida Powder
- 1 Dry Red Chilli broken
- few Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 tblsp Cashewnuts
- 2 tblsp Peanuts
- as per taste Salt
- handful Coriander Leaves
How to make Coconut Rice
- Heat oil in a pan over medium flame.
- Add the mustard seeds, urad dal red chilli, asafoetida powder and curry leaves.
- Fry until mustard seeds start to pop and dal turns golden.
- Add the cashewnuts and peanuts.
- Fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut and roast until golden.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well.
- Add salt and mix again.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.