Fresh Shelled Peas – 1 cup
Onion – 3 or 4
Tomatoes big – 1/4 kg
Ginger galric paste – 1 tsp
Chilli pwder – 2 tsp
Dhania powder – 2 tsp
Fenugreek, cumin seeds (roast and powder) – 1/2 tsp
Butter – 1 tbsp
Fresh cream – 1 tbsp
Cloves, cinnamon, cardamom – few
Salt – to taste.
1. Grind onions, tomatoes together coarsely and keep aside.
2. Heat butter in a kadai fry the spices, add onion tomato paste and fry till ghee separates.
3. Add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, dhania podwer and salt.
4. Fry for another few minutes sprinkling water now and then.
5. Pour about 1 cup for water with peas and cook until the peas are done.
6. Finally sprinkle the jeera and fenugreek powder.
7. Dot with fresh cream. Serve Hot.
NOTE : This can be pressure cooked directly. Heat oil in the cooker bottom itself. fry as described add peas, close lid and pressure cook for one whistle. Allow to cool, remove the lid, add cmin, fengreek powder and mix well. Por into serving dish dot with fresh cream and serve hot