King Prawns – 225 gms, raw, heads removed, tails & shells intact, peeled
Black Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Light Soy Sauce – 1/2 tblsp
Corn Flour – 1/2 tblsp
Dry Sherry (or Chinese Rice Wine) – 1/2 tblsp
Egg – 1, lightly beaten
Breadcrumbs – 2 to 3 tblsp
Spring Onions – 1 to 2, chopped
1. Split the prawns about 3/4th of the way through with the tails firmly attached.
2. Mix soy sauce, pepper powder, sherry and cornflour in a bowl.
3. Add the prawns and marinate for 10 minutes.
4. Dip the prawns one by one in the egg mixture and then roll them in the breadcrumbs.
5. Heat oil in a pan over moderate flame.
6. Deep fry the prawns until golden brown.
7. Remove and drain.
8. Garnish with spring onions and serve with a green salad.
Image credit: London City Caterers
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !