Boneless Chicken – 350 gms, cut into strips
Coconut Cream – 1/2 cup
Thai Red Curry Paste – 2 tblsp
Thin Coconut Milk – 1 1/2 cups
Bamboo Shoots – 300 gms, sliced
Fish Sauce – 2 tblsp
Sugar – 1 1/2 tsp
Kaffir Lime Leaves – 5, halved
Red Chilli – 1, thinly sliced
Thai Basil Leaves – 1/2 cup
1. Heat a pan over medium heat.
2. Add the coconut cream and bring it to a boil.
3. Reduce to low heat and simmer until the surface has an oily sheen.
4. Add the red curry paste and chicken pieces.
5. Stir well and add the coconut milk and bamboo shoots.
6. Simmer over low heat until the chicken pieces are tender or for about 10 minutes.
7. Add fish sauce, salt, sugar, kaffir lime leaves and red chilli.
8. Remove from heat.
9. Garnish with basil leaves.
10. Serve hot.
- If you are using fresh bamboo shoots, peel and slice them. Then place in a pan, cover with water and boil until just tender or for 5 minutes.
- If you are using canned bamboo shoots, then drain, slice and boil for 3 minutes in a little water.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !