Black Beans – 1 tsp, fermented
Garlic – 2 cloves, finely chopped
Trout Fillets – 375 gms
Ginger – 2 slices, peeled and finely chopped
Spring Onions – 2, sliced
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Tamari Sauce – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, roughly chopped
1. Pour about 2 inches of water in a pan.
2. Place a wooden or metal rack in it and bring the water to boil.
3. Rinse the black beans in water and put them in a small bowl.
4. Mash lightly.
5. Add the ginger, garlic, spring onions, tamari saucce and olive oil.
6. Place the fish pieces in a heatproof dish.
7. Mix in the black bean mixture. Ensure all the fish pieces are coated well.
8. Keep the dish on the rack, cover it with a lid and steam cook over high heat for 7 to 8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Serve at once.