Raw Prawns – 400 gms, heads removed
Olive Oil – 1 tsp
Garlic Cloves – 5, crushed
Tamari Sauce – 1 tsp
Chinese Rice Wine – 1 tsp
Black Pepper – 1/2 tsp, ground
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Cut the prawns down the back from the head to the tail end to form a butterfly shape.
2. Remove and discard the vein.
3. Arrange the prawns in a circle on a heatproof dish.
4. Pour about 2 inches of water into a pan.
5. Place a metal or wooden rack in the pan and bring it to a boil.
6. Mix the olive oil with garlic, tamari sauce, rice wine and black pepper.
7. Spoon this mixture over the prawns.
8. Put the heatproof dish on the rack.
9. Cover and steam over high heat for 3 minutes or until the prawns have turned pink and are cooked.
10. Carefully remove the fish from the pan.
11. Garnish with coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !