Chicken – 800 gms
Onion – 1, medium size and made into a paste
Yogurt – 1 cup
Oil – 1 tbsp
Mint leaves – 1 tbsp, finely chopped
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tsp
Green chilli paste – 1 tsp
Salt as per taste
Finely chopped coriander leaves as required
1. Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and green chilli paste in hot oil for about 3 minutes.
2. When the masala paste gets lightly brown add the hot spice mix and fry further for few seconds.
3. Add the yogurt, mint leaves and salt to the spice and mix well.
4. Now add the chicken pieces and cover the pan and cook for about 30 minutes or till the chicken is done.
5. Garnish with fresh and finely chopped coriander leaves.
6. Serve with rice or roti.
The gravy can be thickened by adding corn flour dissolved in some yogurt before the chicken is fully cooked.