Catalan Bread with Tomato (or Pa amb Tomaquet or Spanish Bread with Tomato Sauce) is a popular Spanish appetizer/tapas dish and requires very few ingredients to make. It is a quick and simple breakfast dish that can also be served as a snack during evening tea time or for a quick, light lunch.
Catalan Bread with Tomato (Pa amb Tomaquet) Recipe
Ingredients for Catalan Bread with Tomato (Pa amb Tomaquet)
- 4 Bread Slices firm
- 2 Garlic Cloves cut int half lengthwise
- 2 Vine-ripened Tomatoes peeled and thickly sliced
- Extra-Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
- Salt as per taste
- Ground Black Pepper as per taste
How to make Catalan Bread with Tomato (Pa amb Tomaquet)
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Cut each slice in half and rub with garlic.
- Mash one slice of tomato and spread a little on each of the toasted slices.
- Lay the remaining slices on top.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper.