Thin Rice Vermicelli – 40 gms, soaked in hot water
Dried Black Fungus – 2, soaked in hot water for 25 minutes
Firm Tofu – 100 gms
Carrot – 1 four inch piece
Daikon – 1 four inch piece
Snow Pea Sprouts – 1/2 cup
Spring Onions – 2
Lettuce – 4 inch strips
Coriander Leaves – 1 small bunch
Mint Leaves – 1 small bunch
Dried Rice Papers – 18
Chilli and Lime Dipping Sauce to serve
1. To make the filling, drain the vermicelli well and cut into 4 inch lengths.
2. Drain the fungus, trim away any woody parts and shred finely.
3. Cut the tofu and vegetables and herbs into slices, then strips.
4. Soften the rice papers in lukewarm water and place on a clean cloth.
5. Fold the top over and then place the filling onto the rice papers so the ends protude over the folded edge.
6. Fold the bottom of wrapper over the bundle of filling.
7. Then fold in one side and roll with one end of the filling exposed.
8. Arrange them on a platter, with the dipping sauce in a bowl in the middle.