For the Filling:
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cashewnuts – 1 tblsp, chopped
Minced Chicken – 300 gms
Salt – 1 tsp
Garam Masala Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 4 tblsp, chopped
Saffron – a pinch
For the Marinade:
Cheddar Cheese – 200 gms, grated
Egg White – 1, whisked
Cream – 1 3/4 cup
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Green Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Mace Powder – 1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves – 1 tblsp, chopped
1. Wash the chicken drumsticks and dry.
2. Make a slit along the bone and scrape some of the flesh to make a pocket.
3. Turn them over and make 2 more slits in the flesh.
4. Heat oil for filling in a pan.
5. Add the cashewnuts and minced chicken.
6. Saute over moderate heat till the chicken turns white.
7. Add the remaining filling ingredients and stir-fry till mixture is completely dry.
8. Remoove from heat and keep aside.
9. Divide the filling into 16 portions and fill the pockets in the drumsticks.
10. Mix the ginger garlic paste, lime juice, white pepper powder and a pinch of salt.
11. Rub into chicken and keep aside for 60 minutes.
12. Place the cheese and egg white for the marinade in a tray and mix well.
13. Pour in cream and continue to mix till it is smooth.
14. Add the remaining marinade ingredients and mix well.
15. Place the chicken drumsticks in a tray and rub the marinade.
16. Keep aside for 2 or 3 hours.
17. Place the drumsticks on to skewers and roast in a oven at 180C for 5 to 6 minutes.
18. Remove and baste with melted butter.
19. Put it back in the oven and roast for another 3 to 4 minutes.
20. Remove the chicken from the skewers.
21. Serve hot with mint chutney.