Sugar – 250 gms
Nishasta (fine starchy powder milled from maize and wheat) – 50 to 60 gms
Green Edible Colour
Lime Juice – 1 tsp
Ghee – 50 to 60 gms
Almonds – 25 gms, peeled and chopped
Pistachios – 25 gms, peeled and chopped
1. Boil sugar with 250 ml of water for 6 to 8 minutes on low heat.
2. Strain this through a muslin cloth.
3. Mix nishasta with twice the quantity of water to a smooth paste.
4. Add it to the sugar syrup.
5. Add the green colouring.
6. Keep stirring and cooking till it becomes a lump.
7. Mix the lime juice and continue stirring.
8. When the mixture sticks to the bottom of the pan, add ghee and keep stirring till it becomes a smooth lump and does not stick to the sides.
9. Add the almonds and pistachios.
10. Add cardamom powder.
11. Spread thickly on a greased tray to cool.
12. Smooth the top with a greased spoon.
13. Cut into squares.