Lamb – 500 gms (including kidneys and liver), cut in cubes
Curd – 250 gms
Ginger – 1/2 tsp, ground
Garlic – 1 tsp, ground
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Red Chillies – few, ground
Salt as per taste
Water as required
Dry Coconut (Kopra) – 1 two inch piece, finely grated
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 1/2 cup
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Cloves – 2
Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch, chopped
Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 tsp
1. Clean and wash the kidneys, liver and lamb well.
2. Put in a pan with curd, ginger, garlic, onions, turmeric, red chilli and salt.
3. Mix well.
4. Add just enough water to cover and cook on a very slow fire till lamb is cooked and tender and the liquid has dried up.
5. Dry roast the coconut and coriander. Pound them to a fine powder.
6. Heat oil and ghee in another pan.
7. Add cinnamon, cloves and chopped coriander leaves. Fry a little.
8. Add roasted coconut and coriander and fry together for a minute.
9. Add the mutton mixture to this and fry till it is browned well.
10. Add garam masala, mix and remove from fire.
11. Before serving, heat it up a little.