Water – 150 ml
Sugar – 6 tbsp
Grated Lemon Rind – 1 tsp
Lemon Juice – 125 ml
Ice Cubes – 6
Water or Soda
Slices of Lemon
1. Put the water, sugar and grated lemon rind into a small saucepan and bring to the boil, stirring constantly.
2. Continue to boil, stirring for 5 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and leave to cool to room temperature.
4. Stir in the lemon juice, then transfer to a jug, cover with cling film and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
5. When the lemonade has almost finished chilling, take two glasses and rub the rims with the wedge of lemon, then dip them in granulated sugar to frost.
6. Put the ice cubes into the glasses.
7. Remove the lemon syrup from the refrigerator, pour it over the ice and top up with soda or water.
8. The ratio should be one part lemon syrup to three parts water.
9. Stir well to mix, decorate with sugar and slices of fresh lemon and serve.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !