Hot Water – 1 cup
Ground Sesame Paste – 1/4 cup
Salt as per taste
Lemon Juice – 3 tblsp
Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
Onion – 1 cup, chopped
Lemon Juice – 2 tblsp
Cumin Powder – 1 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Chickpeas – 2 cups
Garlic – 4 cloves, minced
Breadcrumbs – 1/2 cup
Olive Oil – 4 tsp
1. To make the sauce, combine the sauce ingredients in a blender and process until smooth.
2. To make the patties, mix onion, lemon juice, cumin, coriander, salt, chickpeas and garlic.
3. Grind in a mixie/food processor until smooth.
4. Place mixture in a large bowl.
5. Add 1/4 cup breadcrumbs and mix.
6. Divide this mixture into six equal portions, shaping each into a 1/2 inch thick patty.
7. Place remaining breadcrumbs in a shallow dish.
8. Roll patties in breadcrumbs.
9. Heat two tsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat.
10. Cook the patties three minutes on each side or until browned.
11. Cut the burger buns in halves.
12. Place lettuce, tomato, cucumber and onion on one half
13. Add some sauce.
14. Place the patty on top of the vegetables or on the other half. Close or leave it open.