Palak Chicken is a dish that is popular in the Northern Indian region and it is made with spinach, onions, garlic, ginger, tomatoes and spices. It has been eaten since ancient times and it is also known as “Saag” or “Saagwala” in some places.
The Palak Chicken is usually served with rice or naan bread. It can also be served as a side dish for other dishes like Dal Makhani or as an appetizer for Dahi Kachori.
In India, Palak Chicken is mostly eaten in restaurants but it can also be found in the frozen food section of grocery stores.
Palak Chicken Recipe
Ingredients for Palak Chicken
- 1 bunch Spinach (Palak) chopped, blanched and drained
- 1 cup Boneless Chicken Cubes cooked
- 1 cup Tomato
- 2 to 3 tsp Jeera
- 2 to 3 tsp Fresh Cream
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 3 tsp Butter
- 1 cup Onion finely chopped
- 3 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped
- 2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/4 cup Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp Oil
- as per taste Salt
How to make Palak Chicken
- Heat butter and little oil in a pan.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till it turns brown.
- Add curry leaves, jeera, tomato and mix well.
- Add ginger garlic paste and boneless chicken pieces.
- Mix well and add salt.
- Cover with a lid.
- Add water, as required, and allow it to boil.
- Add turmeric powder and stir once.
- Grind the palak in a mixer and keep aside.
- Add garam masala powder, coriander leaves and little lemon juice to the chicken.
- Mix well and add the ground palak puree.
- Stir well until everything is mixed together nicely.
- Add the fresh cream and cook for another minute or two.
- Serve hot with plain rice or roti.