Dum Aloo is a popular Kashmiri recipe and made all over India. Baby potatoes are fried and cooked in a gravy.
Potatoes – 250 gms, boiled, peeled, diced or kept whole
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
Dry Red CHillies – 4
Cardamom – 1
Cinnamon – 1
Clove – 1
Mustard Seeds – little
Cumin Seeds – little
Curry leaves – little
Coriander Leaves – few
Salt as per taste
Oil as required
1. Grind the cardamom, cinnamon, clove, red chillies and curry leaves together.
2. Add the turmeric powder, ground powder, ginger garlic paste and salt to a bowl.
3. Add the potatoes and mix well until potatoes are evenly coated.
4. Heat oil in a pan.
5. Fry the mustard seeds and cumin seeds for 30 seconds.
6. Add the potatoes and sprinkle a little water.
7. Cover the pan with a lid and cook over low flame for 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves.
9. Serve hot.
Easy nd seems to be tasty… Will try it tonight
receipe is too good, i read from other sites too, but this one is perfect.
nice writing style, explained dum aloo in very lucid way. Great Post
easy and very taste recepie
very good recepie
Very nice receipe !
Very nice recipe! Thanks for sharing.
very good way of preperation……