Dried Chickpeas – 1 cup
Onion – 1, large, chopped
Garlic – 2 cloves, chopped
Parsley – 3 tblsp, chopped
Coriander – 1 tsp
Cumin – 1 tsp
Flour – 2 tblsp
Oil for frying
Salt as per taste
Pepper as per taste
1. Place dried chickpeas in a bowl, covering with cold water.
2. Allow to soak overnight.
3. Drain chickpeas, and place in pan with fresh water, and bring to boil.
4. Allow to boil for 5 minutes, then let simmer on low fire about an hour.
5. Or use a pressure cooker to cook the soaked chickpeas till tender.
6. Drain and allow to cool for 15 minutes.
7. Combine chickpeas, garlic, onion, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper in medium bowl.
8. Add flour.
9. Mash chickpeas, ensuring to mix ingredients together.
10. Form the mixture into small balls.
11. Slightly flatten.
12. Fry in 2 inches of oil at 350 degrees until golden brown (5-7minutes).
13. Serve hot.