Khus Khus (Poppy Seeds) – 1 cup
Sugar – 1 1/4 cup
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Milk – little, to grind poppy seeds
Powdered Nutmeg – little
1. Soak poppy seeds in hot water for 5 hours.
2. Drain excess water and grind into a smooth paste using milk for grinding.
3. Take the ground paste in a vessel and pressure cook till one whistle.
4. Allow it to cool, add sugar and heat it in a heavy kadai stirring constantly.
5. When it sticks to the bottom add ghee little by little.
6. When all the moisture has been absorbed and the halwa gets a shine, add rest of the ghee and nutmeg powder.
7. Remove from fire.