Fresh Peas – 1 cup, shelled
Onions – 2, big
Tomatoes – 3, medium sized
Tamarind – 1 small lime sized
Salt as per taste
Jaggery as per taste
Dhania – 1 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Pepper – 6
Red Chillies – 8
1. Fry dhania, cumin seeds, pepper, red chillies in 1 tsp of oil and grind with 1/2 cup of grated coconut.
2. Cut onion and tomatoes into 1 inch thick square pieces.
3. Soak tamarind and take thick extract.
4. Heat 3 tblsp of oil in a pressure pan and add mustard seeds.
5. When it splutters add onions and fry till translucent.
6. Mix peas and fry for a minute.
7. Add ground masala and fry for a few more minutes.
8. Pour tamarind extract, salt, jaggery, chopped tomatoes with enough water and cover the lid.
9. Reduce flame and cook for 10 minutes after the whistle or keep till 2 whistles.
10. Cook for a few more minutes.
11. Serve hot.