Chicken – 1, cleaned, cut into 8 pieces
Onion – 1, medium, chopped
Garlic Cloves – 4
Ginger – 1 one inch piece, chopped
Cinnamon – 1 one inch stick
Green Cardamoms – 4
Cloves – 5
Salt to taste
Sesame Seeds – 4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 2 tsp
Whole Red Chillies – 4 to 5
Garlic Cloves – 10
Ginger – 2 one inch piece
Lemon Juice – 2 tsp
For the Tempering:
Mustard Oil – 4 tsp
Fenugreek Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Jimmu – 1/2 tsp (optional)
Green Chillies – 4, slit and deseeded
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp
1. Boil the chicken with the onion, garlic, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, green cardamom and salt till it is well done and the liquid dries up.
2. Keep aside to cool.
3. Separate the flesh from the bone and slice into 2 inch long and half inch thick pieces. Keep aside.
4. Dry roast the sesame seeds, cumin seeds and whole red chillies on a griddle.
5. Grind to a paste with a little water.
6. Dry roast the garlic and ginger until soft.
7. Slice into thin strips and put aside.
8. Add the ground spice paste, the ginger, garlic, lemon juice and a little salt to the chicken and mix well.
9. For the tempering, heat the oil till it is smoking hot.
10. Lower the flame and add the fenugreek seeds, Jimmu and the green chillies.
11. Pour this over the chicken and mix well.
12. Garnish with green coriander.
13. Serve cold as a snack or as a side dish.