Oil – 1 tblsp
Curry Leaves – 3
Red Chilli – 1, dried
Black Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
1. Wash the rice, drain and cook it in 2 cups of water.
2. Set aside to cool.
3. For the tempering, put the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
4. When the oil is hot, add the curry leaves and red chilli.
5. Stir briefly.
6. Add the mustard seeds and dal.
7. Fry till mustard seeds splutter and the dal is golden brown for about 30 seconds.
8. Add the onions and cook for a minute.
9. Stir the cooked rice into the onion mixture.
10. Add black pepper and cumin powder and salt.
11. Stir in the cashew nuts.
12. Mix gently till ingredients are blended.