Paneer – 500 gms, mashed
Potatoes – 250 gms, boiled, mashed
Cornflour – 3 1/2 tbsp
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Oil for frying
For the Gravy:
Spinach – 1 kg
Vegetable Oil – 3 1/2 tbsp
Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
Tomato Puree – 1/2 cup
Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1 to 2 tsp
Coriander Powder – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Water – 3 cups
Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
1. For the koftas, mix together all the ingredients.
2. Divide this mixture into even sized balls.
3. Heat the oil in a kadai.
4. Deep fry the koftas, a few at a time, until golden brown.
5. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
6. Keep aside.
7. For the gravy, boil the spinach and when cooked, blend to a puree.
8. Heat the oil in a kadai.
9. Add the garlic, spinach puree and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
10. Stir in the tomato puree and mix well.
11. Add the red chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and salt.
12. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
13. Pour in the water and bring the mixture to the boil.
14. Stir in the koftas, reduce heat and let the mixture simmer for 5 to 7 minutes.
15. Stir in the garam masala and cook till the curry has reduced to half.
16. Remove from heat.
17. Remove the koftas with a spoon and place them on a serving dish.
18. Pour the curry on top and serve hot.