Bengal Gram – 2 cups
Salt to taste
Coriander Powder – 1 tsp
Cumin Powder – 1/2 tsp
Green chilli paste – 3 tbsp
Onion Paste – 4 tbsp
Garlic Paste – 5 tsp
Yoghurt – 1/2 cup
Vegetable Oil – 2 tbsp
Water – 2 cups
Roasted Gram – 5 tsp, powdered
Garam Masala – a large pinch
Sugar – 1/2 tsp, powdered
Vegetable oil for deep frying
1. Mix the Bengal gram with all the ingredients except roasted gram, garam masala, sugar, and vegetable oil.
2. Boil till it is tender and dry.
3. Grind the mixture to a thick paste without using any water.
4. Mix in the remaining ingredients and knead till the dough is soft and smooth.
5. Divide the dough into lemon sized portions.
6. Shape each portion into round parties.
7. Heat the oil in a kadai.
8. Keep fry the patties on low heat till golden brown.
9. Serve hot with mint chutney.