Lentil – 1 1/2 cups, washed
Water as required
Green Chillies – 2 to 3, deseeded, chopped
Green Coriander – 2 tsp, chopped
Ginger – 2 tsp, chopped
Salt to taste
Red Chilli Powder – a pinch
Chaat Masala – 3/4 tsp
Breadcrumbs – 3 1/2 tbsp, white
Cornflour – 1 tsp
Garam Masala – a pinch
Vegetable Oil for frying
1. Boil the lentil in water till soft.
2. Drain the excess water and mash the lentil with a wooden spoon.
3. To the mashed lentil, add the green chillies, green coriander, ginger, salt, rec chilli powder, chaat masala, breadcrumbs, cornflour and garam masala.
4. Mix well.
5. Divide and shape the mixture equally into 16 medallions.
6. Heat the oil in a kadai.
7. Deep fry the medallions until light brown.
8. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the excess oil on absorbent kitchen towels.
9. Serve hot.