Broccoli – 400 gms, cut into florets
Butter – 2 tbsp
Onions – 2 tbsp, chopped
Garlic – 1 tsp, chopped
Leeks – 20 gms, chopped
Celery – 20 gms, chopped
Salt to taste
White Pepper Powder – 1/2 tsp
Vegetable Stock – 7 cups
Cream – 1/2 cup
Walnuts – 1 tbsp, chopped
1. Heat the butter in a pot.
2. Add the onions and garlic saute for a minute.
3. Add the leeks, celery, broccoli and stir fry.
4. Stir in the salt, white pepper powder and vegetable stock.
5. Simmer for 20 minutes until the broccoli is tender.
6. Remove the broccoli from the soup and keep aside to cool.
7. When cool, blend to a puree.
8. Mix the puree into the soup and strain through a muslin cloth.
9. Reheat the strained soup and stir in the cream.
10. Remove from heat.
11. Pour into soup bowls.
12. Serve hot garnished with walnuts.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !