Chicken – 1, medium sized and cleaned
Oil – 150 ml
Onions – 2, finely sliced
Garlic Pods – 2, ground to paste
Ginger – 1 two inch piece, ground to paste
Red Chilli Powder – 4 tsp
Coriander Powder – 4 tsp
Salt to taste
Turmeric Powder -1/2 tsp
1. Prick the chicken all over with a fork.
2. Heat the oil.
3. Fry the onions till they become brown.
4. Add the ginger-garlic pastes and fry till the oil separates.
5. Add all the dry spices and the chicken.
6. Stir-fry the chicken for a few minutes.
7. Cook covered on a low flame, till the chicken is fully done.
8. Add a little water if desired, to prevent the chicken from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
9. Once the chicken is done, then cook uncovered to dry the excess liquid.
10. Serve hot.