Gulab Jamun is one of the most popular Indian desserts/sweet suitable for all occasions. It is also one of the easiest dish to make as well.
Maida – 2 cups
Unsweetened Khoya – 2 cups
Sugar – 4 cups
Ghee – 1 1/4 tblsp
Cooking Soda – a pinch
Oil as required
Milk as required
1. Combine the maida, khoya, ghee and cooking soda in a bowl.
2. Mix well without any lumps.
3. If required, add a little milk and mix.
4. Keep aside for 60 to 90 minutes.
5. Make small balls of the mixture and keep them on a plate.
6. Add sugar to a pan and place it over medium flame.
7. Add enough water (until all sugar has submerged) and stir well.
8. When the sugar has fully dissolved and it reaches a one string consistency, switch off the flame.
9. Heat oil in a frying pan.
10. Deep fry the prepared balls until golden brown.
11. Remove and put them into the sugar syrup.
12. Allow it to soak for 6 to 8 hours (or overnight) before serving.
13. Serve chilled.
Tip: At step #3, do not add water, add only milk.