Paneer – 250 gms, cut into 4 inch long pieces and 1 inch thick
Cornflour – 1/4 cup
White Pepper – 1/4 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes – 1/4 tsp
Dry Basil leaves – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Bread – 1 cup, finely powdered
Oil to deep fry
Salsa Sauce – 3/4 cup
Lettuce Leaves – 1 bunch
Carrot – 1/2 cup, sliced and boiled
Onions – 1/4 cup, cut into juliennes
Tomatoes – 1/4 cup, cut into juliennes
Parsley – 1/4 cup
Cheese Spread – 1/4 cup
Sour Cream – 1/2 cup
Eggless Mayonnaise – 1/2 cup
For the Wraps:
Refined Flour – 1 cup
Wholewheat Flour – 1/4 cup
Oil – 2 tblsp
Butter – 1 tblsp
Salt to taste
Warm Water as required
1. Mix the cornflour, white pepper, chilli flakes, basil leaves and salt in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to make a thin batter.
3. Dip the paneer pieces in the batter then roll them in breadcrumbs.
4. Heat the oil in a pan and deep fry the paneer till crisp and brown.
5. Drain and keep aside.
6. Put the ingredients for the wraps in a bowl, adding enough water to knead into a pliable dough.
7. Cover with a moist cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
8. Divide the dough into 4 parts and roll out each into a large, thin roti.
9. Heat the oil on tawa.
10. Cook the tortilla lightly on both the sides.
11. Spread the wrap with salsa sauce, cover with a lettuce leaf.
12. Place a paneer piece in the centre, along with some carrots, onions, tomatoes, parsley, salt and pepper.
13. Mix the cheese spread, sour cream and mayonnaise in a bowl and pour a little over the paneer.
14. Roll the wrap tightly. Complete the rest in the same way.
15. Grill the wraps in a sandwich-maker or oven for 5 minutes.
16. Serve hot with tomato ketchup.