Rice Flakes – 1 cup, fried in ghee
Coconut Extract – 2 cups
Green Gram Dal – 1/2 cup
Sugar – 1 cup, powdered
Saffron – few strands, soaked in warm milk
Cardamom Powder – 2 pinches
Cloves – 5, fried in ghee
Kismis – as required, fried in ghee
Almond – few pieces
Ghee – 2 tblsp
Kesari Colour – 2 pinches
1. Spread rice flakes on a cloth and wipe well to remove dirt.
2. Fry it until golden using little ghee.
3. Soak fried rice flakes in coconut milk for 10 minutes.
4. Cook green gram dal using 2 cups of water until dal splits.
5. Add soaked rice flakes, sugar and saffron.
6. Mix gently for a few minutes in reduced flame.
7. When moisture gets absorbed, add cardamom powder, fried clove, half of the kismis, almonds and little more ghee.
8. Mix well and remove from fire.
9. Transfer to a serving dish.
10. Garnish with fried nuts and kismis.