Raw Rice – 2 cups, washed, drained and dried
Milk – 8 cups
Water – 8 cups
Coconut – 4 tblsp, grated
Sugar – 2 1/2 cups, powdered
Cardamom Powder – 1 tsp
Saffron – 3 to 4 pinches, soaked in 2 tblsp hot water
Almonds – handful, fried
Pacha Karpooram – a small pinch (Borneal Flakes)
Ghee – 4 tblsp
1. Heat 1 tsp ghee in a pan over moderate flame.
2. Add the rice and fry till golden.
3. In a different pan, boil the milk with water.
4. Pour this over the rice and cook till almost done.
5. Keep stirring from time to time and add coconut.
6. Add sugar and stir well. Reduce flame to low.
7. Remove when it turns thick and mushy.
8. Add the saffron with the milk and cardamom powder, pacha karpooram and almonds.
9. Stir to mix well.
Sweet Milk Pongal Recipe
Latest Food Blogs
- 20 Navratri Sundal Varieties to Surprise Your Family Navaratri is a festival of nine nights and 10 days. "Nava" means "nine" and "ratri" means "night" in Sanskrit. It is...
- When is the right time to eat? We all know how imperative it is to develop knowledge about the food that we add to our diet in order to stay healthy. But...
- Gluten – A Problematic Protein Gluten free diets are very popular types of diets among individuals who are very health conscious. But these days...
Feel free to comment or share your thoughts on this Sweet Milk Pongal Recipe from Awesome Cuisine.