Ghee – 3 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Curry Leaves – 2 sprigs
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Ginger-Garlic Paste – 1 tsp
1. Add 1 cup boiling water to grated coconut.
2. When sufficiently cool, squeeze gratings to extract thick milk. Set aside.
3. Add 1 more cup boiling water. When cool, pass through a liquidiser and take out thin milk. Discard gratings.
4. Heat ghee, add cumin seeds.
5. When done, add curry leaves, chillies and onion. Fry till onion turns lightly brown.
6. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, stir fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
7. Add tomatoes, fry for a while and when tomatoes are sufficiently soft, add thin milk mixed with rice flour.
8. Cover and cook till done.
9. Add half the chopped coriander leaves.
10. When about to serve, heat the gravy, add thick milk, simmer just once and remove from fire. Do not boil after adding thick milk.
11. Garnish with the rest of the coriander leaves.
12. Serve hot.