Potatoes – 2, medium
Onion – 1, medium
Celery – 1 small piece
Butter – 1 tblsp
Milk – 1 cup
Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Herbs – a big pinch
Cheese – grated, for garnish
1. Grate potatoes, chop onions and celery.
2. Melt butter, add onions.
3. Fry to a light pink colour.
4. Add grated potatoes and celery pieces and fry for 2 to 3 minutes or till lightly done.
5. Add enough water to cover the vegetables.
6. Cover pan with lid and cook till vegetables have turned soft.
7. Remove from fire and cool.
8. Pass vegetables through a liquidiser and set aside the puree.
9. Before serving, heat milk, add puree gradually.
10. Add salt and pepper, boil for 1 to 2 minutes and remove.
11. Pour hot soup into bowls, add a little grated cheese.
12. Serve with garlic toast.