Potatoes – 450 gms, cut into 1 inch chunks
Oil – 2 tblsp
Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
Fresh Green Chilli – 1, finely chopped
Cauliflower – 450 gms, broken into florets
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Ground Cumin – 1 tsp
Chilli Powder – 1/4 tsp
Ground Turmeric – 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Fresh Coriander – few, chopped to garnish
Tomato and Onion Salad to serve
Pickle to serve
1. Par cook the potatoes in a large pan of boiling water for about 10 minutes. Drain well and set aside.
2. Heat the oil in a large, heavy pan. Add the cumin seeds and fry them for 2 minutes until they begin to splutter. Add the chilli and fry for a further 1 minute.
3. Add the cauliflower florets and fry, stirring for 5 minutes.
4. Add the potatoes and the ground spices and salt and cook for a further 7-10 minutes or until both the vegetables are tender.
5. Garnish with fresh coriander and serve with tomato and onion salad and pickle.