Potatoes – 2, medium
Oil – 1 tblsp
Onions – 2, medium, finely chopped
Curry Leaves – 4
Onion Seeds – 1/4 tsp
Green Chilli – 1, fresh, seeded and chopped
Tomatoes – 4, sliced
Fresh Root Ginger – 1 tsp, grated
Garlic – 1 tsp, crushed
Chilli Powder – 1 tsp
Ground Coriander – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Fresh Coriander – 1 tblsp, chopped
Eggs – 3, hard boiled, to garnish (optional)
1. Peel the potatoes and cut them into small cubes.
2. Heat the oil in a kadai and stir-fry the onions, curry leaves, onion seeds and green chilli for about 40 seconds.
3. Add the tomatoes and cook for about 2 minutes over a low heat.
4. Add the ginger and garlic, chilli powder, ground coriander and salt to taste. Continue to stir fry for 1-2 minutes, then add the potatoes and cook over a low heat for 5-7 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
5. Add the lemon juice and fresh coriander and stir to mix together.
6. Shell the hard-boiled eggs, cut into quarters and add as a garnish to the finished dish
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !