Tofu Paratha is a delicious, healthy and easy to make paratha variation. Made using multigrain flour and stuffed with a tofu-vegetables filling, this paratha is great for kids, especially those who are fussy about eating vegetables. A perfect recipe for any occasion – breakfast, lunch or evening snack, this is packed with nutrients.
For The Filling:
- Oil – 2 tsp
- Ginger Garlic-Green Chilli Paste – 1 tsp
- Tofu – 100g, grated
- Mixed Capsicums – 1/2 cup, Julienned
- Onion – 1, chopped
- Green Peas 1/4 cup, shelled and boiled
- Sweet Corn Kernels – 1/4 cup, boiled
- Garam Masala Powder – 1/4 tsp, mixed with water to a paste
- Salt to Taste
For The Dough:
- Multigrain Flour – 1/2 cup
- Tomato Chutney – 4 tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 1/4 cup, chopped
- Prepare the dough with required water and salt.
- Knead it till soft and keep it aside.
- To a pan, heat oil in medium flame.
- Add the ginger garlic-green chilli paste and saute for a minute.
- Add the remaining filling ingredients and saute well.
- Divide the filling into 2 portions and leave aside, till cool.
- Make small balls from the dough.
- Roll out the balls into circles.
- Heat a tawa on medium flame.
- Toast the paratha, till golden brown and crisp.
- Spread the tomato chutney over the parathas and cover with the filling.
- Sprinkle with coriander leaves and serve immediately.