1. Cut all the vegetables into 2 inch pieces lengthwise.
2. Heat oil, add mustard, curry leaves and then onion.
3. Fry till transparent, add other vegetables, fry for a minute, pour diluted tamarind extract (just enough to cover the pieces) and cook till vegetable becomes soft.
4. When moisture is absorbed completely, add salt, vangibhath powder, coconut and mix gently for one minute.
5. Remove from fire and serve hot with rice.
To make Vangibhath powder:
Red Chillies – 150 gms
Cinnamon – 2 sticks
Dhania – 50 gms
Bengal Gram – 150 gms
Fenugreek – 1 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida – as required
Ghee – little
1. Fry all the ingredients in little ghee and powder coarself in mixie.
2. Keep in an airtight, dry container.