3 Tomatoes, big, blanced and sliced
1 cup Coconut Milk
1 Onion, big, grated
1/2 tsp Ginger paste
1/2 tsp Garlic paste
1/4 tsp Sugar
2 Potatoes, medium, boiled, peeled and quartered
1 tsp Cumin seeds, ground
2 Bay leaves
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Garam Masala
few sprigs of Coriander leaves
Salt and Chilli powder to taste
1. Grind onion, ginger and garlic to a paste.
2. Separate the yolks carefully from whites so as not to break them.
3. Fry the potatoes to a golden colour.
4. Also fry the egg yolks on both the sides.
5. Heat 3 tblsp of oil and add bay leaves and onion paste.
6. When the onions turns golden, put in tomatoes, salt, sugar and all the spices.
7. Cook tomatoes till dry, mix in potatoes and then pour in the coconut milk.
8. Add the yolks and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
9. Garnish with coriander leaves.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !