Tacos are a popular Mexican street food not just in that country but all around the world. They are fast and simple to make. With numerous variations, they are perfect for any day and any time. If you are planning for a party, do include Tacos as part of the menu. Not only it will save you time, it will be a great hit with your guests. This Fried Fish Tacos recipe uses beer as an ingredient. If you do not want to use beer, you can use club soda.
Fried Fish Tacos
Ingredients for Fried Fish Tacos
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 250 gms White Fish firm & flaky
- 6 Corn Tortillas 6 inch
- handful Cabbage shredded
- 1/2 cup Plain Flour
- 1/2 cup Beer (or Club Soda)
- Salt as per taste
For the Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 to 3 tblsp Mexican Salsa recipe here
- Juice of 1/4 Lime
How to make Fried Fish Tacos
- Mix all the sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Add a little salt and keep it in the fridge until needed.
- Mix together the flour, beer and salt.
- Stir well to combine.
- Cut the fish into 3 equal portions. Pat dry.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan over medium flame.
- Coat the fish in the batter and shake off to remove excess batter.
- Gently slide it in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden, about a minute or two per side.
- Remove and drain excess oil. Keep warm.
- Warm the tortillas and stack 2 tortillas on top of another.
- Place the battered fish.
- Top it up with some sauce.
- Garnish with shredded cabbage.
- Serve at once.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !