1 cup of long grained rice
1 cup of mango pulp
1 cup of water
2 dried red chillies
2 tbsp of ghee
salt to taste
1. Mix the mango pulp and the water and stir gently to obtain thin mango mixture.
2. Drain out the excess water and keep aside.
3. Heat the ghee in a pan, add the whole spices and allow to splutter.
4. Add the rice and lower the heat and fry the rice for 2 to 3 minutes.
5. Add the thin mango mixture. Bring to a boil and immediately lower the heat and cover with a lid.
6. Cook the rice till all the water is evaporated.
7. If you think the grains are a little undercooked add only a few tbsp of water more and cover with a lid again and cook on low heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Put off the heat and stir the rice gently. Serve with raita.
Optionally, you can add a 2 tsp of powdered sugar if you want the pulao a little sweeter.