For the Sabzi:
Potatoes – 250 gms
Onion – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Jeera powder – 1/2 tsp (roasted and coarse)
Coriander leaves – a little
Oil – 2 tsp
Salt as per taste
1. Cut the potatoes into 1 inch cubes after peeling them. Also chop the onions and the tomatoes into fine pieces.
2. Heat the oil in a pan and saute the onions till they are brown in colour.
3. Next, add the tomatoes and the powders and fry on high heat for 2 mins.
4. Then simmer and add water. Once the potatoes are cooked, add the cumin seeds and simmer for 5 more minutes.
5. Once the basic dough is made, allow it to rest for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
6. Divide the dough into medium sized balls and then roll each into a circle of about 5 inch in diameter.
7. Brushing ghee all over the sides of the paratha, fold it into a triangle.
8. Dust the paratha in the flour kept aside and roll into a large, flat triangle or round paratha.
9. After a tawa has been heated, place the dough on the center of the tawa.
10. As the colour starts to change, brush ghee on the top of the paratha and then flip it over to the other side. The same process has to be repeated all over again.
11. Continue till the paratha changes colour throughout and spots start appearing.
12. Serve hot with sabzi.