Eggs – 2, whisked
Whole wheat bread slices – 8
Flavoured cheese slices – 4
Parmesan cheese – 2 tbsp, grated
Mozzarella cheese slices – 4
Finely minced herbs, cucumber and tomato paste – 1/4 cup
Cornmeal – 3 tbsp
White pepper – 1/8 tsp
Tomato – 1, finely sliced
Flour – 1 tbsp
Milk – 1/3 cup
1. Apply a generous amount of the prepared paste on one side of each bread slice.
2. Enfold a thin tomato slice between a mozzarella cheese slice and a flavoured cheese slice and place it between the sandwich slices.
3. Use a shallow plate to whip the eggs with pepper and milk.
4. In another shallow plate, take flour, parmesan cheese and cornmeal. Combine thoroughly to make the flour mixture.
5. Next, dip the sandwiches, first into the egg mixture and then into the flour mixture. Make sure the sandwiches are layered well with these 2 mixtures.
6. Grill for about 4 minutes. Wait till the sandwiches turn golden and crunchy.