This Andhra style Onion Dosa is an easy to make dosa variety with dosa topped up with chopped sambar onions & chillies. Serve this dosai with chutney and sambar of choice.
- Idli Batter – 2 cups
- Shallots (Sambar Onions) – 1 cup
- Dried Red Chillies (or Green Chillies) – 3
- Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
- Gingelly Oil – 4 tblsp
- Salt to Taste
- Peel the outer skin of shallots.
- Grind together the shallots, Salt, red chillies, asafoetida with very little water.
- Make a thick paste.
- Heat a tawa in medium flame.
- Pour a ladleful of idli batter.
- Add the shallot paste and spread it allover the dosa using a ladle.
- Add the gingelly oil along the sides.
- Flip over and cook the other side.
- Remove and serve hot.
- This can be consumed with any side dish.