Dates are rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and contains iron, calcium, potassium, zinc etc. This is an easy to make halwa that tastes delicious and requires very less ingredients.
- Dates – 100gms, deseeded
- Cashews – 10
- Raisins – 10
- Boiled Milk – 1/4 cup
- Jaggery Powder – 5 tsp
- Ghee – as required
- Sesame seeds (white) – 2 tsp
- Grated Cashews – 2 tsp
- Soak the dates in milk for 1/2 hour.
- Grind them to a fine paste.
- To a heavy bottomed pan, add ghee and roast the cashews, sesame seeds and raisins separately . keep them aside.
- To the same pan, heat ghee in a medium flame.
- Add the ground dates, jaggery powder and mix well.
- When halwa starts to leave the sides of the pan, add the roasted cashews, raisins and mix well.
- Remove from the flame and garnish with roasted sesame seeds and grated cashews.
Receive the latest recipes & kitchen tips !